There are a range of terms and conditions related to hiring a skip bin. Please read carefully and contact our office if you require further clarification.
Conditions of Skip Bin Hire and Usage of Skip Bins
- All bin orders are to be prepaid prior to delivery. If a bin is booked and then cancelled, a cancellation fee of $35 applies.
- Do not fill the bin past the top rail. We cannot transport an overloaded bin. If the bin is overloaded, the driver will try to remove the overloaded items from the skip and place them in a pile next to where the bin is. You will be charged an additional $100 inc gst for us to complete this service.
- Overweight bins will NOT be transported. Listed below are the suitable weights for each bin, ordered. If the bin exceeds the Max Weight Allowed you will be charged for a heavy bin. If a 3, 4 or 6 cubic meter skip exceeds 4 tonne, the bin will not be transported, as it is not within our Safe Working Load, and it is illegal, heavy fines and loss of points would apply to the driver. It will be the customer’s cost and responsibility to unload the skip to a safe working load, and the customer may also be liable for additional bin hire fees if they cannot unload the bin promptly.
If a 12 or 15 cubic meter skip exceeds 12 tonne, the bin will not be transported, as it is not within our Safe Working Load, and it is illegal, heavy fines and loss of points would apply to the driver. It will be the customer’s cost and responsibility to unload the skip to a safe working load, and the customer may also be liable for additional bin hire fees if they cannot unload the bin promptly.
Skip Size Bin Type Max Weight Allowed 3m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 1 tonne 4m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 1.5 tonne 6m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 1.8 tonne 8m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 6 tonne 10m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 6 tonne 12m3 General/Asbestos/Light Construction 8 tonne Skip Size Bin Type Max Weight Allowed 3m3 Heavy Waste 4 tonne 4m3 Heavy Waste 4 tonne 6m3 Heavy Waste 4 tonne 12m3 Heavy Waste 10 tonne 15m3 Heavy Waste 10 tonne
- Do not place in the bins:
– Asbestos (unless asbestos bin has been ordered – see point 5 below)
– Food waste
– Contaminated soil
- Asbestos can only be placed in the bin if it has been ordered as an asbestos skip. Asbestos waste must be double lined with plastic and sealed using tape provided. Due tot new regulations implemented 1st July 2019, non-friable and friable asbestos cannot both be disposed of within one skip bin. Asbestos waste cannot be mixed with any other material such as construction, demolition or eneral waste, etc, except where asbestos containing material is bonded to such waste. Asbestos soil cannot be disposed of in ‘asbestos waste’ bins. Please contact our office if you require to dispose of asbestos contaminated soil. PPE, plastic sheeting and contaminated tools used in the removal of the asbestos containing material can be dispose of in the asbestos waste bin. Friable asbestos containing material must have been removed by the holder of an asbestos removal licence issued under the Work Health and Safety. Breach of the above conditions will result in the Queensland Government’s waste levy being imposed (of $105/t for the 2019/20 year) as well as additional administration charges as deemed appropriate by WasteForce. If asbestos is found in a skip prior to removal from a customer’s property, the skip will not be removed until properly dealt with. If asbestos is found in the skip after it has been tipped either at landfill or at a transfer station, high decontamination costs and possibly very heavy penalties may be imposed. The customer will be responsible for the payment of all costs immediately.
- The customer is to pay WasteForce for any bins lost or stolen, whilst at the customer’s premises or under his control, at the rates invoiced by WasteForce.
- The customer is to pay for any damages caused to bins, whilst at the customer’s premises or under his control, at the rates invoiced by WasteForce.
- No Fires are to be lit in bins.
- The placement, filling and pickup of bins are under the direct orders and control of the customer, and the customer indemnifies WasteForce against any loss, damage or injury as a result of the function performed.
- The customer is to pay any extra costs, incurred by WasteForce, as a result of overloading or incorrect loading of the bin by the customer, his agent or other person(s) whilst the bin is at the customer’s premises or under his control.
- WasteForce will not accept any responsibility for any injury to person or persons, or damage to property belonging to the customer or any other person, arising out of the use of this service, however such injury or damage was caused.
- The customer agrees to pay WasteForce at rates invoiced by WasteForce, for any extra costs incurred as a result of WasteForce or the customer being ordered to remove the bin by a statutory or other authority.
- The customer agrees to ensure that any bin, left unattended in a public place, is adequately covered to avoid material being dislodged, removed or blown out of the bin and will indemnify WasteForce against any legal actions, damages or costs which may occur or be granted against WasteForce.
- The customer agrees to indemnify WasteForce against any liability for damages caused to any driveway, pavement path, kerbing or other surfaces as a result of the function performed.
- The customer agrees to advise WasteForce of the existence of any pipe, pit, cover or underground services which may be damaged whilst performing the function and to indemnify WasteForce against any damages to same during such performance, whether or not such advice was given to WasteForce.
- The placement of the bin to the customer’s verbal or written instructions, will constitute the customer’s acceptance of these conditions should the customer be absent from the premises at the time of delivery of the bin.
- Skip Bins will not be placed on concrete footpath without a permit. The appropriate council permit is to be sourced by the customer.
- Any required council permits are the responsibility of the client.
- WasteForce retains the right to Terminate Skip Bin Hire delivery / collection.
- Delivery Access; minimum requirements for access to place a Skip Bin is a height clearance of 6m and width of 3m.
- Skip Bins are not to be moved from the delivery position and access must be maintained to allow safe collection of the bin. Failure to comply will incur an additional $100.00 call out fee. The Hirer is responsible for any costs to get the Skip Bin to a position that we can remove the Skip Bin.
- By ordering and constituting delivery of Skip Bin Hire said hire charges will apply as per our service pre-pay policy and no refund is to be applicable to the hire period unless we are notified 48 hrs prior to delivery.
- Refund Policy- to cancel an order we require at least 48 hrs notice. Once a Skip bin has been delivered there will be no refund. In the event we are unable to complete the order a refund will be issued to the hirer.